Compulsory referring to a source
- Credits of a work
- Remark: Some fields require referring to a source, others don't, but the rule for editing existing data is: Sourced information rules over un-sourced information.
Source for work data
Sources for release data
Sources for performance data
Sources not preferred by SHS
- Allmusic: Sometimes treat re-issues as originals, so the dates/track listing/label and other details can be wrong.
- Apple Music: Release dates that predates the existence of Apple Music/iTunes are unreliable.
- HBDirect: Own catalogue numbers, labels and release dates
- When a secondary source names its own source (typically a well documeeted Wikipedia), refer to the "root" source in the editor notes.