An adaptation is a musical work, which uses elements (music or lyrics) from another musical work.
Over the Rainbow
written by Harold Arlen, E.Y. Harburg
October 7, 1938
- S nádhernou duhou written by Miloň Čepelka Czech 1988
- Tou modrou klenbou written by Eduard Krečmar Czech 1993
- Regnbuen written by Mogens Dam Danish 1980
- Achter de regenboog written by Mark Manuel, Dirk Kokx Dutch 1997
- Somewhere over the Rainbow written by Keith Washo English September 6, 2014
- Sateenkaaren tuolla puolen written by Usko Kemppi Finnish 1956
- Il faut que tu reviennes written by Eddy Marnay French 1964
- Derrière l'arc-en-ciel written by Jérôme Attal French November 23, 2009
- Wenn du in meinen Träumen bei mir bist written by Ernst Verch German September 1966
- Arcobaleno written by Devilli Italian 1968
- Ovan regnbågen written by Johan Fransson Swedish September 15, 2004
A partial adaptation is a musical work which integrates only a part of another musical work, and this part is only a fragment of the new musical work.