An adaptation is a musical work, which uses elements (music or lyrics) from another musical work.
Big Yellow Taxi
written by Joni Mitchell
- Žlutý taxík written by Zdenka Lorencová Czech 1975
- Le grand parking written by Claude Lemesle French 1970
- Wenn es weg ist written by Michy Reincke German 2008
- Taxi giallo written by Mia Martini Italian 1983
- Jeg sku' vært på Kurland i natt written by Finn Evensen Norwegian September 1996
- Možje v črnem written by Aleksander Mežek Slovenian 1977
A partial adaptation is a musical work which integrates only a part of another musical work, and this part is only a fragment of the new musical work.