An adaptation is a musical work, which uses elements (music or lyrics) from another musical work.
written by George Gershwin, Ira Gershwin, DuBose Heyward
- Letní ukolébavka written by Ivo Rožek Czech 1963
- Letní ukolébavka written by Jan Werich Czech 1972
- Sluimer zacht written by Eugene Gaiser Dutch September 15, 1963
- Summertime written by Robb Johnson English 2004 — New set of political lyrics.
- Kesäyö written by Sauvo Puhtila Finnish 1958
- Kesäaika written by [Unknown] Finnish 1977
- Summertime written by Angélique Kidjo Fon 1997
- C'est l'eté written by René Rouzaud French 1960
- Sommerzeit written by Horst Heinz Henning German 1954
- Leto v nás written by Ján Štrasser Slovak 1976
- Verano written by Luis Fernández Ardavín Spanish
- Sommartid written by Styrbjörn Lindedal Swedish 1948
- Summertime written by Einar Rosenborg Swedish 1960
- Summertime written by Max Weitz Yiddish
- Summertime written by [Unknown] Zulu
A partial adaptation is a musical work which integrates only a part of another musical work, and this part is only a fragment of the new musical work.