Types of music licenses we can assist in clearing/securing for you:
- Master-Use License: Grants the licensee the right to use a recording of an underlying composition for audio/visual projects, like film, TV, and commercials, among others.
- Synchronization License: The Sync License grants the licensee the right to use an underlying composition in audio/visual projects like film, TV, and commercials, among others.
- Mechanical License: Grants the licensee the right to reproduce an underlying composition for the purpose of phonographic sales (ie downloads, CDs, vinyl, etc.)
Recently licensed via SecondHandSongs:
- Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree, written by Johnny Marks. Used in a greeting video for a school.
- My Funny Valentine, written by Richard Rodgers and Lorenz Hart. Used in a cover song.
- I'll Be Home For Christmas, written by Buck Ram, Walter Kent and Kim Gannon. Used in a movie.
- In the Pines, traditional. Used in a movie.
- Tobacco Road, written by John D. Loudermilk. Used in a documentary.
- Ben Haven Taylor (Director of "In The Off Season"):
The sync licensing team at SecondHandSongs not only delivered licenses and masters quickly and efficiently, but also excelled as creative consultants in the complex process of music supervision. They are a joy to work with and will always be my first port of call while looking for music and rights in the future.
- Jeff Denton (Writer and Producer of "The Toybox"):
During pre-production, I searched the internet and found the perfect song that my production team and me wanted to use as the theme that ran throughout our movie. We discovered it on a public domain website but couldn't find a second resource anywhere that could confirm that it was actually in the public domain. Six months later, and having exhausted BMI, ASCAP, and every other musical data base I could come up with, I was referred to SecondHandSongs. They found the song, identified its public domain status and master-rights owner, and had it licensed to me within days. What I was most impressed and appreciative of, was that it was all done during a holiday week. Many thanks!
- Nicolás Combarro (Director of "The Shadow Line"):
I used SecondHandSongs to clear the rights for a very important song in my film. Not only were they extremely attentive to my needs, but they were also able to successfully navigate a very complicated sync licensing copyright within my budget and just in time.
Please note that we are in no way affiliated with any of the copyright holders of songs listed, but work with our clients as a third-party licensing agent to seek out appropriate parties and negotiate favorable terms within your budget and timeframe.