Terms of Service
1. Acknowledgment and acceptance of terms of service
Secondhandsongs.com ("SecondHandSongs", the "service"), is provided to you ("member") under these terms of service (tos) and any operating rules or policies that may be published by Second Hand Songs. The tos comprises the entire agreement between member and Second Hand Songs and supersedes all prior agreements between the parties regarding the subject matter contained herein. By using the SecondHandSongs website, you are indicating your agreement to be bound by all of the terms and conditions of the tos.
2. Description of service
SecondHandSongs provides member with various content and communication services, including but not limited to the capability to post information to a web page and participate in web-based discussions. Some of these services will be free of charge, others may cost money or have other requirements. The requirements or fees for any service or option will be clearly explained and separately agreed to when member implements those options, if any. Member must:
- provide all equipment, including a computer and modem, necessary to establish a connection to the world wide web
- provide for own access to the world wide web and pay any telephone service fees associated with such access
3. Modifications to terms of service
SecondHandSongs may at any time revise the tos by updating this page. By using SecondHandSongs, member agrees to be bound by any such revisions and should therefore periodically visit this page to determine the then-current tos to which you are bound. Member's continued use of SecondHandSongs constitutes an affirmative:
- acknowledgment by member of the tos and tos modifications
- agreement by member to abide and be bound by the tos and tos modifications.
4. Modifications to service
SecondHandSongs reserves the right to modify or discontinue the service with or without notice to member. SecondHandSongs shall not be liable to member or any third party should SecondHandSongs exercise tos right to modify or discontinue the service.
You agree to indemnify and hold SecondHandSongs, and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, co-branders or other partners, and volunteers, harmless from any alleged claim or demand, including reasonable attorney fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your use of the service, your connection to the service, your violation of the tos, or your violation of any rights of another, whether you are a registered user or not. The user is solely responsible for his or her actions when using the service, including, but not limited to, costs incurred for internet access.
7. Member account, password, and security
Once you become a member of the service, you shall receive a password and an account. You are entirely responsible if you do not maintain the confidentiality of your password and account. Furthermore, you are entirely responsible for any and all activities which occur under your account. You may change your password at any time. You may also set up a new account and close an old one at your convenience. Member agrees to immediately notify SecondHandSongs of any unauthorized use of member's account or any other breach of security known to member.
You agree that SecondHandSongs, in its sole discretion, may terminate your password or account, and remove and discard any content within the service, for any reason, including and without limitation, the lack of use, or if SecondHandSongs finds that you have violated or acted inconsistently with the letter or spirit of the tos. You agree that any termination of your access to the service under any provision of this tos may be effected without prior notice, and acknowledge and agree that Second Hand Songs may immediately deactivate or delete your SecondHandSongs account and any or all related information and files. SecondHandSongs reserves the right to bar any further access to such files or the service. You agree that SecondHandSongs shall not be liable to you or any third-party for any termination of your access to the service.
Should member object to any terms and conditions of the tos or any subsequent modifications thereto or become dissatisfied with the service in any way, member's only recourse is to immediately discontinue use of the service.
Upon termination of the service, member's right to use the service and software immediately ceases. Member shall have no right and SecondHandSongs will have no obligation thereafter to forward any unread or unsent messages to member or any third party.
All notices to a party shall be in writing and shall be made either via email or conventional mail. SecondHandSongs may broadcast notices or messages through the service to inform member of changes to the tos, the service, or other matters of importance; such broadcasts shall constitute notice to member.
The service, or relevant third parties, may provide links to other web sites or resources. Because SecondHandSongs has no control over such sites and resources, you acknowledge and agree that SecondHandSongs is not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products, or other materials on or available from such sites or resources. You further acknowledge and agree that SecondHandSongs shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such site or resource.
11. Member conduct
Member is solely responsible for the contents of his or her transmissions through the service. Member's use of the service is subject to all applicable local, state, national and international laws and regulations.
- not to use the service for illegal purposes
- not to interfere or disrupt networks connected to the service
- to comply with all regulations, policies and procedures of networks connected to the service
The service makes use of the internet to send and receive certain messages; therefore, member's conduct is subject to internet regulations, policies and procedures. Member will not use the service for chain letters, junk mail, spamming or any use of distribution lists to any person who has not given specific permission to be included in such a process.
Member agrees not to transmit through the service any unlawful, harassing, libelous, abusive, threatening, or harmful material of any kind or nature. Member further agrees not to transmit any material that encourages conduct that could constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any applicable local, state, national or international law or regulation. Attempts to gain unauthorized access to other computer systems are prohibited.
Member shall not interfere with another member's use and enjoyment of the service or another entity's use and enjoyment of similar services.
SecondHandSongs may, at its sole discretion, immediately terminate service should member's conduct fail to conform with these terms and conditions of the tos.
12. Disclaimer of warranties
You expressly understand and agree that:
- your use of the service is at your sole risk. The service is provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis. SecondHandSongs expressly disclaims all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including, but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement.
- SecondHandSongs makes no warranty that
- the service will meet your requirements
- the service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free
- the results that may be obtained from the use of the service will be accurate or reliable
- the quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by you through the service will meet your expectations
- any errors in the software will be corrected.
- any material downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of the service is done at your own discretion and risk and that you will be solely responsible for any damage to your computer system or loss of data or other liability that results from the download of any such material.
- no advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from SecondHandSongs or through or from the service shall create any warranty not expressly stated in the tos.
- SecondHandSongs does not promote or condone any ideas or messages contained in the music listed via the service.
13. Limitation of liability
You expressly understand and agree that SecondHandSongs shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses (even if SecondHandSongs has been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from:
- the use or the inability to use the service
- the cost of procurement of substitute goods and services resulting from any goods, data, information or services purchased or obtained or messages received or transactions entered into through or from the service
- unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions or data*
- statements or conduct of any third party on the service
- any other matter relating to the service.
To report violations of the tos please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. To expedite the processing of your report, please include as many details as possible about the violation.