An adaptation is a musical work which uses most of the music or lyrics of another musical work.
Les anges dans nos campagnes
written by [Traditional]
- Eer zij God in onze dagen written by Willem Barnard Dutch
- Foreigners written by Bob Rivers, Brian Silva, Dennis Amero English 1987
- Angus We Have Heard on High written by John Olson, Terry Esau English 1992
- Angels from the Realms of Glory [alternative melody] written by James Montgomery [GB] English — Lyrics are the same as James Montgomery's "Angels from the Realms of Glory," while melody is the same as the traditional song "Les anges dans nos campagnes"
- Angels We Have Heard on High written by James Chadwick English
- Kuului laulu enkelten written by Roine Richard Ryynänen Finnish
- La marche des anges written by Charles Aznavour French
- Gloria in excelsis deo written by [Traditional] German
A partial adaptation is a musical work which integrates only a part of another musical work, and this part is only a fragment of the new musical work.