Search

Song

The Preacher and the Bear 12th in 1905

Written by
Copyright date
March 28, 1904
Language
English
Comments
Originally recorded as a "coon song" in 1905. More recent versions have altered lyrics to avoid the offensive racial stereotypes. The song is usually credited to Joe Arzonia, but in reality he simply bought the song rights from George Fairman, who frequently played piano at a bar that Arzonia owned.
Licensing
Request a synchronization license

Meta

Added by Oldiesmann