- Written by
- Composition date
- This song was based on the true story about Lee Sheldon (also known as Stag' Lee), shooting William Lyons in a dispute about a hat. 1895 is the year the incident took place, the song must have appeard soon after, and is also known as "Stagolee", "Stag-O-Lee", "Stackolee" or "Stack-A-Lee".
- Request a synchronization license
An adaptation is a musical work, which uses elements (music or lyrics) from another musical work.
Stag' Lee written by [Traditional] English 1895
- Stack & Billy written by Fats Domino, Dave Bartholomew English June 13, 1957
written by Lloyd Price, Harold Logan
September 11, 1958
— "The night was clear and the moon was yellow"
- Stagger a Billy written by Josef Pilař Czech October 10, 2014
- Stagger Lee written by Jes Halding Danish December 1976
- Stakkels Kaj written by Johnny Reimar, Torben Eschen Danish 1977
- Store Lars written by Torben Eschen Danish 1979
- We doen 't allemaal written by André Hazes Dutch 1984
- Stagger Lee written by Maurice Mérane French 1963
- Halti Jón written by Þorsteinn Eggertsson Icelandic 1977
- Stagger Lee written by Jerry Garcia, Robert Hunter English November 15, 1978
- Stagger Lee written by Nick Cave, Mick Harvey, Blixa Bargeld, Thomas Wydler, Martyn P. Casey, Conway Savage, Jim Sclavunos English February 5, 1996
A partial adaptation is a musical work which integrates only a part of another musical work, and this part is only a fragment of the new musical work.