- Written by
- Geoff Downes, Trevor Horn, Bruce Woolley
- The music video for the song was the first music video shown on MTV.
- Published by
ROUND HILL WORKS
BRUCE WOOLLEY MUSIC PUBLISHING
CARBERT MUSIC INC
UNIVERSAL POLYGRAM INTERNATIONAL PUBLISHING INC
CARLIN MUSIC CORP
ISLAND MUSIC LTD
- Request a synchronization license
An adaptation is a musical work which uses most of the music or lyrics of another musical work.
Video Killed the Radio Star
written by Trevor Horn, Geoff Downes, Bruce Woolley
September 7, 1979
- Potmě nám může rádio hrát written by Jaroslav Machek Czech 1980
- Vidiák ryl by rejhy do spár written by Lou Fanánek Hagen Czech 2000
- Radiotähti written by VeePee Lehto Finnish 1980
- Qui est ce grand corbeau noir written by Étienne Roda-Gil French 1979
- Video Killed the Radio Star written by René Marcard German 1979
- Auva auva koi yahan nache written by Bappi Lahiri, Faruk Kaiser Hindi 1982
- Mi video no tiene mando a distancia written by Luis Santamarina Spanish 1987
- El DJ mató a la estrella del pop written by unknown author(s) Spanish January 2004
A partial adaptation is a musical work which integrates only a part of another musical work, and this part is only a fragment of the new musical work.