- Written by
- Billy Roberts
- Copyright date
- January 12, 1962
T-070.918.775-6 BMI, ISWC, JASRAC
Although William Roberts copyrighted this song in 1962, there are some doubts whether he is the sole author. At first, royalties were paid to Dino Valenti (also known as Chester Powers or Jesse Oris Farrow). However, he then admitted he didn't write the song, after which Roberts began to receive the royalties.
Niela Halleck (now Niela Miller), William Roberts' girlfriend in the 1950s, claims Roberts based it on a song of hers titled "Baby Please Don't Go to Town", using the chord progression and the question and answer format, but changing the words.
- Published by
THIRD PALM MUSIC BMI
- Request a synchronization license
An adaptation is a musical work, which uses elements (music or lyrics) from another musical work.
Hey Joe, Where You Gonna Go written by Billy Roberts English January 12, 1962
- Hej, Joe written by Libor Křístek Czech 1979
- Hé Joost written by Jan Rot Dutch 2005
- Flower Punk written by Frank Zappa English January 1968
- Hey Brother written by Billy Preston, Jesse Kirkland English October 1968
- Hey Joan written by Rolf Hermsen English 1994
- Hey Max written by Gilles Thibaut, Gérard Rinaldi French 1967
- Hey Joe written by Gilles Thibaut French March 15, 1967
- He, Jo written by Klaus Büchner, Raymond Voß German 1977
- Hey Joe written by Egon Póka, Gyula Deák, László Földes Hungarian 1980
- Hey Joe written by Francesco Guccini Italian
- Hej gud written by unknown author(s) Swedish 1970