Search

Song

The Preacher and the Bear 14th in 1905

Written by
Copyright date
March 28, 1904
Language
English
Comments
Originally recorded as a "coon song" in 1905. More recent versions have altered lyrics to avoid the offensive racial stereotypes. The song is usually credited to Joe Arzonia, but in reality he simply bought the song rights from George Fairman, who frequently played piano at a bar that Arzonia owned.
Licensing
Request a synchronization license

Meta

Added by Oldiesmann

Versions

written by English

Title Performer Release date Info
April 1905 First release
October 13, 1937
1944
1947
August 1959
1961
1963
1965
1966
June 1967
July 1970
1973
1976
1984
1985
July 11, 2008
2008
January 10, 2012
August 24, 2018